I'm so excited to see what science has in store for us. By 2050, I predict:
• Scientists will find a way to get around many microbial resistance problems.
• Massive steps will be taken towards beating cancer on all fronts. Preventative care, treatment and rehabilitation will all benefit from the huge breakthroughs by amazing geneticists, pharmacists, clinicians and chemists.
• Elements 113 through 118 will be confirmed and named.
• We will have become much better at using renewable technology and energy. It'll be more efficient, effective and sustainable that it currently is.
• Large colliders will either confirm or disprove string theory.
• There will be a manned mission to mars.
• One of the Millennium Problems will be solved.
• Driverless cars will become huge.
• Wearable technology to really take off. Stuff like Google Glass will become more refined, and more integrated.
I'm also really excited to see what the future has in store that I can't even imagine yet. I'm convinced something will come out of nowhere and will revolutionize the world, like the television or the internet, something that it's difficult to imagine life without.