- I'm an introvert and proud, was pretty asocial but now working to be more social and less of a perfectionist. I've socially deprived myself (don't do this) and now cringe at conversations that go well as a result. At the same time, I have learnt I am not socially inept (from a recent school residential), as much as I like to self-pity myself that I am. I know that I still can't handle being the center of attention. I'm still the same as I always was. Being a child who had a tantrum every birthday, I just express my anger differently, inwardly now.
- I have a love-hate relationship with people. My default template or defense mechanism is to be pessimistic and cynical about them and the world. I can sometimes lapse into being almost misanthropic. But finding beauty in everyone should be mandatory and is rewarding.
- I find beauty in everything and I love being inherently curious. It's best to stay open minded and not be too judgmental, nobody's perfect.
- I don't mind arrogance, as long as it can be backed up. I have heightened respect for people who do good, are working at their passion or simply do their job well.
- I forgive people too easily and I am a people pleaser. Don't be taken advantage of and don't be too much of a conformist. Be you, be different.
- People are inherently selfish, but this is a good thing. In social conversation you'll be considered a good conversationalist by others, even if you just ask the other speaker questions continuously.
- There is no meaning to life. The earth in its form is a blank state, we apply our own meaning. If I was to apply my own meaning for people it would be to creation, working at your passion and cooperatively making the world a better place. Life is not about comparing yourself to others, it's your own self-improvement game. You should help people with theirs and maximize your own.
- You've got to strike a balance between thinking and doing.
- Surprise yourself, apply yourself. Stop reading stuff on the Internet, go out and make mistakes.
- My memory is damn bad. Improve your memory, take pictures of memorable moments but don't live in the past.
- Don't underestimate the inevitability of change and your ability to manipulate tough situations you may be in.
- I like summarizing things, as this list exemplifies. I can use these summarizing words to describe myself but at this moment in time, I do not know myself. As Einstein notes: "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."
- I'm a man. I think with my d**k. I'm not going to say all I care about is personality and not looks because I don't. The 'halo effect' is such a strong phenomenon, that it's incredibly easy to think that there is no one else who could replace this person, but there always is.
- Music connects with me like nothing else. Having a song to go to for every mood I'm in is such a luxury. I like electronic music, as it is a fusion of many branches of music. Here is my favorite song for when I'm down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeLuQ6X2ixI
- Read and travel. Culture yourself goddammit.
- Positive honesty is a highly valued attribute as well as modesty. Compliment people, it will make you feel better and make their day. It's nice to be warmed to.
- Life is for living. I often think that people who sleep considerably more than others are boring. This isn't really true but you should sleep enough to be healthy. Although remember that you can sleep when you're dead.
- No one gives a shit. You are atoms, Hitler killed millions, you just failed your exam.
I know the above seems a little pretentiously profound and cheesy, but I hope you enjoyed reading my general tangents.
Post a Comment